Aalborg University's Open Access policy aims at creating free access to research from AAU, and works on securing Open Access to as many full text documents in Pure as possible. The procedure covers all publication types, but has a special focus on those publication types that have the most potential:
- Scientific articles (articles, review articles, letters)
- Conference articles in journals/proceedings
- PhD theses
The procedure covers publications registered from 2018 and onwards.
The following applies for Golden and Diamond Open Access where full-text documents are freely available at the publisher’s website for reading and sharing:
- The full-text document (the imprint published version in pdf format) is uploaded with a status of "Open" along with metadata registration in Pure.
The following applies for Green Open Access where full-text documents are not available at the publisher’s website:
- The full-text document (the author's peer-reviewed, accepted manuscript stored in pdf-format) is uploaded along with metadata registration in Pure with a status of "Open" and an indication of any embargo period (see definition). If there are doubts regarding the filing rights of the full-text version at the time of registration, it is recommended that you file using status “Unknown”. The document will then remain visible to backend only until such a time when the degree of visibility is estimated (read more at Research registration - Guide to registration of Open Access publications in Pure).
This procedure involves the following parties:
- Researchers at Aalborg University
- VBN reporting officer at departments
- The VBN Team
The process for registration and full-text archiving is as follows:
- Researchers and reporting officers register publications in Pure and archive a full-text version at the same time.
- Reporting officers ensure the quality of the registration and archiving of full-text version in accordance with Approval of publications – good advice
- The VBN Team validates the publication registration in accordance with Validation of publications in Pure
- The VBN Team checks the possibility for Open Access, in cases where the full-text is recorded with status “Unknown”.
- The VBN Team will assist and guide you regarding matters concerning registration of Open Access publications in Pure
The procedure is drawn up on 4 December 2017 in support of Aalborg University's Open Access policy.
The policy is agreed upon by Aalborg University’s Open Access Committee.
The procedure enters into force on 1 January 2018.
The purpose of the procedure is to support Aalborg University's Open Access policy, in order to provide free access to the University's research. The procedure concerns registration of Open Access publications in Aalborg University's institutional repository Pure. The procedure defines responsibilities and processes for registration of Open Access publications in Pure.