Staff members suffering from long-term or chronic disease may apply for an agreement with the municipality in cooperation with their place of work. This agreement will reduce Aalborg University’s expenses related to their sickness absence. It is a precondition that the risk of absence is significantly increased.
Staff members who know they are about to be admitted to hospital or receive necessary (and temporary) medical or rehabilitation treatment as outpatients may also apply for an agreement.
The agreement is described in section 56 of the Danish Sickness Benefit Act and is therefore commonly referred to as a section 56 agreement.
The local municipal authority decides whether an AAU staff member and the University are eligible for a section 56 agreement.
If a section 56 agreement is approved, reimbursement will be paid to the place of work as of the first day of absence due to sickness caused by the disease covered by the agreement.
HOW TO APPLY
Any section 56 agreement application must be based on mutual agreement between the staff member and their staff manager in accordance with the Rector’s Scheme of Delegation.
The staff manager and the staff member must fill in and sign the application form below.
The staff member must submit the completed and signed application form to the municipality.
HELP WITH YOUR APPLICATION
The municipal authorities process all applications and the form must therefore be filled in in Danish. If you need assistance, please contact your line manager, secretary or the HR Department.
The following fields in the application form must be filled in:
- The salaried employee’s (staff member’s) municipality and its address
- Name of enterprise: Aalborg University
- Address: Fredrik Bajers Vej 5, PO Box 159, 9100 Aalborg
- CVR number: 29102384
- P number: 1003403198 (Same P number due to reimbursement)
- The absence periods of the salaried employee (staff member) over the past 12 months due to the below stated affliction – you may enclose a copy of the list of your sickness absence as registered in the sickness absence system
- The salaried employee’s date of employment
- Application for a temporary agreement, please tick either inpatient/outpatient treatment or payment of salary/sickness benefits for 21 calendar days
- Information on the salaried employee, including name, address, working conditions, health conditions, etc.
- If you are applying for a temporary agreement due to inpatient/outpatient treatment, additional information must be provided under employee information
- Employer (immediate superior/staff manager) and salaried employee (staff member) must sign the application form.
Contact the HR Department for further information:
EST-SYG@adm.aau.dk - staff members of the Faculty of Engineering and Science and the Faculty of Medicine and the Technical Faculty of IT and Design.
HSF-SYG@adm.aau.dk - staff members of the Faculty of Humanities and the Faculty of Social Sciences and Shared Services.
Document contact: Charlotte Spliid Knudsen, HR Specialist Centre