The HR Department aims at contributing to the professional and transparent management of sickness absence at Aalborg University (AAU) in accordance with the current AAU staff policy and guidelines within this area.
On the website of the HR Department, you will find templates specifically used at AAU. These include the fit for work statement, invitation for sickness absence review meeting, retention and action plans. The action plan may be used both as an interview template and as a minutes template.
AAU Manual material
In Denmark there are several rules and regulations with which employees and AAU must comply in the event that an employee is sick. The legislation concerns registration, contact between employees and AAU and contact between employees and the municipal authorities.
The following pages in the AAU Manual only provide a summary of facts from relevant legislation and guidelines. They are intended to provide AAU staff with an overview of the issues involved.
- Leave to care for a sick child under the age of 18 (The Danish Parental Leave Act, section 26)
- Long-term sickness absence - regulatory obligations and possibilities
- Paid leave due to hospitalisation with a child under the age of 14
- Paid leave in the event of a child’s first and/or second sick days
- Paid leave to care for a dependant who wishes to die in their own home (Serviceloven section 119)
- Sickness absence - agreement in case of chronic or long-term sickness (Sygedagpengeloven section 56)
- Sickness absence - from reporting sick to reporting fit for work (All departments and/or sections)
- Sickness absence - from reporting sick to reporting fit for work (All AAU employees)
- Sickness absence – Pregnancy-related sickness absence
- Unpaid leave for employees caring for dependant suffering from permanently reduces functional capacity (Serviceloven section 118)
- Unpaid leave to care for a sick child under the age of 18 (Serviceloven section 42)
Contact the HR Department:
EST-SYG@adm.aau.dk - staff members of the Faculty of Engineering and Science and the Faculty of Medicine and the Technical Faculty of IT and Design.
HSF-SYG@adm.aau.dk - staff members of the Faculty of Humanities and the Faculty of Social Sciences and Shared Services.
Document contact: Charlotte Spliid Knudsen, HR Specialist Centre